In Personal

Welcoming 2018

How I’m liking this year so far!

The past few days, I’ve been contemplating and writing on my planner my things to do and goals this year. It made me reevaluate how my 2017 went, and looking back I relatively had a happy year amidst of everything.Β 2017 was the year that I really felt like I have matured and grew as a person. My perspective and priorities in life have changed, and I feel more like an adult more than ever, lol. To be honest, it was a good year but I’m just glad it’s over :p

2018 has just started and everything has just been positive and zestful! My holidays went well and I just want to keep that good energy throughout the year. Spent it with family, genuine close friends, Daniel’s family and of course, Daniel – and I’m just so content. Happiness is in the little things. It’s definitely a change in me because I have always prioritized just hanging out with my friends and I refused more family time. This time, I really value all the things I have had all along such as family and genuine company, more than temporary things (and even people). I have learned so much the past year and my heart is so full. I’m just blessed to have my family and my partner with me every step of the way. πŸ™‚

Sharing with you all photos of how I spent it:

Since it was the holiday season, we spent most of the time with family. We drove up Tagaytay just to get away from the city and spend time with the family and met up with a few of our aunts as well. We’ll do anything just to get away even just for a bit!

From Tagaytay we immediately drove to Subic to spend time with his side of the family. It was a huge gathering because it was the whole bunch of his mom’s side but I was happy to spend time with them. Huuu it’s so different when the family of your boyfriend loves you. :(( Pure joy and happiness around and I’m glad I was able to spend the New Year’s with them! And in case you guys were wondering why we’re wearing costumes, well.. they have decided to make it a yearly thing now! So looks like we’ll be spending New Years wearing costumes lol. It was really fun though! πŸ™‚

Believe it or not, after Subic we flew to Hong Kong. This time, to spend with my mom’s side of the family. You see, their thing is flying to Hong Kong every New Year’s! I wasn’t able to go last year because I was at Sydney! So I made it a point to join them this year! πŸ™‚

It was the usual for us. It was spent sightseeing, shopping and mostly eating as well. Since we were only there for a few days we had to make do and squeeze everything we can into our itinerary. It was a good enough 4 days because we were able to eat at my favorite restaurants! (Saving all the deets for a vlog! :p) It was Daniel’s first time in Hong Kong and I’m glad he was able to spend it with me and my family. πŸ™‚

As soon as we got back here in Manila, we brought Daniel’s little cousins, Soleil and Luna to their school fair! This was at Assumption Antipolo, my old school as well. It was a bit weird being back after all these years but we had tons of fun! We felt like kids again even just for a bit! πŸ™‚

Like I have said, I want to keep this good vibe going so I decided to make my own “Happiness Project” journal. Now that I know that things can definitely getΒ this good, I no longer want to go back to my worrisome self. I want to rewire my brain and focus on the good which is why this journal of mine (it’s just a regular planner/notebook btw) contains things I am grateful for everyday. I also write notes and lessons I have learned no matter how small because I know it will help along the way. My goals are also written down at the start of this planner of mine and hopefully by the end of the year I have achieved these, and even more! 2018’s been good so far and I’m just excited for the rest of the year! I have a good feeling about this! Hihi.

How about you guys, how did you start the year and how is it going for you all? <3

Share Tweet Pin It +1
Previous PostNew Fave: Gillette Venus
Next Post[Review]: Glutaredox Sublingual Tablets

19 Comments

1. Michaela casimiro
    9 months ago

Reading your blog with a smile haha cause it really shows that you’re really happy. And masaya kami na nahanap mo na talaga yung happiness mo β™₯️ And because of your β€œhappiness project” journal parang gusto ko na din gumawa ng β€œgoals project” journal ko to focus on what i really wanna do this year ☺️ Love you ate arisse I’ll support you till the end β™₯️

1. Arisse
      9 months ago

Which is really weird. Sometimes we tend to overlook things and the things that really matter are really just in front of us. It’s so cliche but everything learned through experience!

That’s also a good idea! Write down all the strengths, weaknesses and lessons for you to achieve your goals! Excited for you! πŸ™‚

You’re so sweet! I really appreciate it x

1. Michaela Casimiro
        9 months ago

Either good or bad experience the important is we learn something from it right? Yeah I’ll put some notes in my goals journal hahaha btw the photos really looks good lavyuuu ☺️β™₯️

1. Arisse

Quite photo heavy! Hehe. Thanks again! πŸ™‚

2. Maj
    9 months ago

So happy seeing you happy with the people around you. You’re really a blessing to bless other. You always inspire us through your smiles and thoughts. Loveyouuu !

1. Arisse
      9 months ago

You have no idea how much this means to me! I really try and I’m glad I get through to you guys. <3

3. Luisa Millene Inciong
    9 months ago

I’m happy to read your thoughts and finally, your blog is back ate πŸ™‚ I’ve been coming back and forth last year , and may I ask where did you buy your HP Costumes? cause I wanna be in Raveclaw hahaha LOL. And HI SOLEIL you have a nice name reminds of Costa Leona hahaha πŸ˜€ Good Luck on your Happiness Project and more POSITIVE VIBES ATE A. <3

4. Arisse
    9 months ago

Thank you! I got the scarves from Universal Studios Osaka then the robe I just had somebody make it for me, somewhere in Kamuning! Would you believe both robes were just less than 2k! Hehe. It was last minute. If you want a Ravenclaw costume I think I’ve seen a few thrift stores in Greenhills and UP Town Center that have. πŸ™‚

5. Katrin Marielle Antonio
    9 months ago

I am so happy to read a blog post of yours again! and I can’t wait for the vlog πŸ˜€ hahaha. Looking and reading this blog post makes me smile knowing that you are so happy with your loved ones. πŸ™‚ I can see Hermione and Harry again! hahaha πŸ™‚ Love you ate! xoxo

1. Arisse
      9 months ago

Hi Katrin! Thanks too, you know it! Hehe.

6. cherry esquilona
    9 months ago

Beyond ecstatic having to read your blog again Miss A πŸ™‚ Been reading it since you’ve started it, and been your fan way before I was in high school. I’m already graduating from college this semester and I’m so happy to witness and see the things that made you happy! I don’t know if I have the right to say this, but I’m so proud of what you have been become. You pursued your passion and you’re continuing to do so. You’re one of my inspirations to do the things I badly wanted to do in life. I also want to become a blogger and/or a writer. Basically, you are my life peg hahaha. Anyways, congratulations for surviving and striving to be an adult! Will continue to wait for more of your happiness to come and share with us. Love you! xoxo

1. Arisse
      9 months ago

Huuu this is so sweet! πŸ™‚ It’s been quite a while then. Thank you so much x

7. Digna
    9 months ago

I was always a supporter of your past relationship but seeing how happy and at peace you are with your relatioship with Daniel makes me happy as well. I hope for that happiness to continue and for more joy to come your way. Much love to you, Arisse!

1. Arisse
      9 months ago

This means a lot to me! Thank you. πŸ™‚

8. Alliah
    9 months ago

Hi ate Arisse! Super happy about this blog. I love you and your website so much. I will always be a fan. I love you ate A❀ See you soon!

9. Regina
    9 months ago

Hi bb! Checked your website just because I remembered you. Really happy for you, girl! You look so fresh and masaya in all the photos. Here’s to a wonderful 2018 ahead for all of us πŸ™‚ Mwah! Love you

1. Arisse