July 13, 2015: A very memorable day!!! Got to watch T.S. live once again!!! <3
As soon as we knew about our States trip, I immediately decided to book a ticket to one of Taylor Swift’s shows. It was very timely also because she just started her 1989 Tour!!!! I knew for myself that I couldn’t wait and since I could take me and my sister to a show, I decided why not! Yes, I am that much of an avid fan. As excited as we were, we almost bought tickets from a scam website! Wew thank God our card rejected that fishy transaction. We were supposed to watch the 1989 East Rutherford show, but since we almost got scammed and tickets were LITERALLY running out fast, we opted to watch her Washington DC Tour.. even though DC wasn’t in our itinerary. Lol.
So yes, from LA – Utah – Arizona – LA – San Diego, to New York and then to Washington! We intentionally went to Washington primarily for the concert and stayed for 3 days. July 13-15, we were DC bound!
My sister, Breann – my ultimate concert buddy!
My ootd from NYC and straight to the concert. (Yes, I wore this the whole bus trip -_-)
Top: Lola Daisies; Shorts: F21; Heels: Macy’s
Ofc, this outfit’s Taylor Swift inspired aka I dressed like her. Hihi.
Left NYC at around 7am, got to our house in DC around 12.30 noon. Concert supposedly starts at around 6pm-ish so we thought lining up around 3pm wouldn’t be so bad! Good thing we decided to check the Google street view and at around 1.30 people were already lining up! Given that we had no meal in our tummies yet, we decided to go straight to the concert! Fyi, we got tickets to B-Stage Moshpit 🙂 Our tickets were for standing only so all the more we needed to get there early and reserve our spot! And believe me, it was NO JOKE AT ALL.
We had to get our tickets at the Will Call area which was at the other side of where we went down! Had to walk fast in heels! Nothing was going to stop me, lol and I didn’t want to have a terrible standing spot :p As soon as we got our tickets, I bought a bit of merchandise! I actually didn’t have to since we had Taylor Swift merchandise packaged together with our tickets, but I just had to! *Fan girl feels*
This was the line we had to go through. Imagine not having any meal yet,
standing in line with heels on the whole morning until noon! Add to that it ALMOST rained hard. :/
Stadium’s jam packed!!!
Met a fellow Swiftie there! Everyone meet D! 🙂
Yes I convinced Breann to sport a red hippie on!
Opening acts were:
Ahhh I love Shawn Mendes! He’s a bit like Justin Bieber and Nick Jonas in one <3
Riptide is one of my favourites!
She opened with WTNY!!
I Knew You Were Trouble and I Wish You Would
A personal favorite of mine: How You Get The Girl
I just love her outfit, the lighted umbrellas and the setting of the stage <3
I Know Places, All You Had To Do Was Stay
SO IN LOVE WITH THE BACKDROPS!!!
And for the special guest: LORDE!!!!! They sang Royals together 😀
Thank God she was mostly on the B-Stage!!! Can’t believe I got to watch this close to her again!!!
You Are In Love and Clean. YAIL is one of her most interactive songs on the setlist. 🙂
Bad Blood and WANEGBT
Another favorite of mine!!! Enchanted-Hey There Delilah-Wildest Dreams Medley!
What I love the most about her concerts is that she sings a different version than the original!
Plus it’s something you can’t download online so it was just really my first time hearing it <3
Out Of The Woods
Finale ofc, Shake It Off!
WHAT A SHOW RIGHT?! Still can’t contain myself! <3333 Was a bit nervous of our seats but thank God it was all worth it! This was also my birthday gift for myself btw! Basically my whole trip to the States + this 1989 Concert was all fruits of my labor. Anyway. I hope I “took” you guys to DC with me! Flooded blog, hehe. To those asking, I just used my iPhone and my Canon Point and Shoot camera. Couldn’t bring in my Fujifilm camera because it didn’t meet the concert rules. Nonetheless, i love everything about it! So different from her Red Tour and other concerts. From her pretty outfits, pretty lights and set up of the stage add to that her inspiring advices about love and life, definitely a concert to remember! 🙂
3 days allotted for Washington but I needed the 2 days to recover, really! Body ached so much plus I had no voice and it seemed like my immune system was down right after. Lol at my post-concert depression :p Up until now I can’t get over! Looking back and me writing this blog post for you guys made me very nostalgic! I hope Taylor Swift brings the 1989 Tour here in Manila!!! Will most DEFINITELY watch again! Believe me when I say that her concert’s has been nothing but the best and this 1989 Tour of hers was nothing to her past concerts! Something new, interactive, raw and unforgettable – that is <3
Given that experience of mine, I decided to make Tips when watching a concert:
1. Plan ahead – Research about the seats, prices and packages and decide where you’ll settle. Keep in mind standing vs. reserved seating!
2. Book when you can, but don’t delay your decision too much to the point that you lose the seats you have been eyeing on. Boo.
3. Read fine print and other instructions – where to get your ticket, venue rules and etc.
4. Research on the weather/season just so you know what type of weather you’d be expecting.
5. Plan your concert outfit! I was supposed to have my outfit made but given the time constraint, I just had to make do. I also wanted to add lights for my outfit but there were instructions that it wasn’t allowed. I didn’t want to risk not being able to watch!
6. Bring just what you have to and signs if you must! I don’t know if you guys heard but for Taylor Swift’s concert, there are rules regarding sign sizes, lights and type of cameras. Better make sure so you wouldn’t have that hold up on the line 🙂
7. Eat a decent meal prior to the concert! THIS IS A MUST. That’s what I failed to do, so I suggest you make time and wake up early if need be. The B-Stage does not allow food so my sister and I had to take turns in getting hotdogs while opening acts were running. :/
8. Find your way – plan your route and line up early. It may or may not be traffic but better safe than sorry!
9. Buy merch – it’s not always that you get to! May be a bit costly but it’s part of the experience!
10. Enjoy and dance the night away! I’m sure I did! 🙂
Sorry for the long post but I hope you guys liked it. It became sort of a 2 in 1 blog post. :)) Hopefully Taytay comes to the Philippines soon so you guys get to experience it first hand as well <3